I found this on Espen website I think its what you might be looking for, as a new member joins they are auto added to a group here below is the write up on this..
here is the page download link mod.krypinn.net/index....s&id=1
AutoUsers is a autologin-module based on the incomming url. You can make standard users for the theme and usergroup with the access to those modules you want.
If you include the url for the content page, you can make an automatic redirect also.
All restirction to content must be done as standard DF setup
- Diffrent access for diffrent users must be controlled by usergroups
MODIFICATIONS TO DF-Core
- Added a new group-type to groupmanagement. This allow admin to set up preset usergroup where all new users automaticly becomes a member of.
- Changed Your_Account for autousers not beeing able to access the acount settings.
How is this working?
- When a user come to your site with the 'Referer url'.
- He will then be redirected to the page/module of your choice.
- Only users from a approved 'Refered from' url will be accepted.
- All autousers is counting the approved hits.
- All autousers is updatert with the last unautorised url.
- Controlpanel for create, edit, copy, test, and activate autousers.
- Customised header/footer for each autousers loginpage.
This way other users comming directly to your site will not be able to access this part of your site.
Even if the use the same url, they will be refused sins the referer is checked.