If i can add users to a group upon registration the forums support individual user settings for each action that is set to private. I want to make a group that would act like the REG does now but say a user abuses his posting rights. I can take him out of that group.
Actually come to think of it. How hard would it be to set forum permissions at registration? Say if any forum action(post, reply, edit, etc.) are set to private. When a user registers they are given permission to post,etc. by default then if needed admin can just go into user permissions in forum admin and disable there ability to post or other actions.
Yep, understood Diz - what I listed above will do that, in conjunction with the group being assigned at registration.
How hard would it be to set forum permissions at registration?
Almost impossible without a radical, major overhaul of the whole user/forum/block/module system.
Currently best done by groups, per my previous post.
You can define a range of groups for different permutations of view, read, post, reply etc. and that will give you some options to play with.
User level controls are via the users table, like allow avatar and allow pm, but they are global. You could add extra user controls like can_post, allow_sig etc. but they would apply to all forums - that's a whole different ball game and it's a core table that I prefer to avoid, for now.
Nano has already done some groundwork on such a radical overhaul of the whole permissions system but it is a massive task.
Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Joined: May 27, 2007
AutoUsers is a autologin-module based on the incomming url. You can make standard users for the theme and usergroup with the access to those modules you want.
If you include the url for the content page, you can make an automatic redirect also.
All restirction to content must be done as standard DF setup
- Diffrent access for diffrent users must be controlled by usergroups
MODIFICATIONS TO DF-Core
- Added a new group-type to groupmanagement. This allow admin to set up preset usergroup where all new users automaticly becomes a member of.
- Changed Your_Account for autousers not beeing able to access the acount settings.
How is this working?
- When a user come to your site with the 'Referer url'.
- He will then be redirected to the page/module of your choice.
- Only users from a approved 'Refered from' url will be accepted.
- All autousers is counting the approved hits.
- All autousers is updatert with the last unautorised url.
- Controlpanel for create, edit, copy, test, and activate autousers.
- Customised header/footer for each autousers loginpage.
This way other users comming directly to your site will not be able to access this part of your site.
Even if the use the same url, they will be refused sins the referer is checked.
Thanks. I don't edit core files tho. If i start doing that i will go crazy with it and then upgrading DF would be a nightmare. I have had to upgrade core modified sites before for others and its not fun.