General > General > Need help with Forum Centre Block Module > Community Forums > Phoenix Netology
Forum Index > General

Need help with Forum Centre Block Module Reply to topic

Hello Nukebiz,

I hope to get a little help from you. I would like to drop a couple user names from the Top Poster part of the Forum Centre Block so I tried to do the following and I got an error.

Original code

$result=$db->sql_query('SELECT a.user_id, a.username, a.user_posts, a.user_avatar FROM '.$user_prefix.'_users a ORDER BY user_posts DESC LIMIT 0,14');

I added NOT IN ('Admin', 'Helitown')
Because I don't want to get the users Admin and Helitown and I get errorunexpected T_STRING. please see the modified code below.

$result=$db->sql_query('SELECT a.user_id, a.username, a.user_posts, a.user_avatar FROM '.$user_prefix.'_users a WHER a.username NOT IN ('Admin', 'helitown')ORDER BY user_posts DESC LIMIT 0,7');

and also I would also need help to add another row of top poster to the block if you could give me some hints.

Thank you very much!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Mysql 5.0/php 4.3.1/CPGNuke 9.1.2.1

I really prefer that DF issues are dealt with on DF forums, for everyone's benefit. Anyway, WHERE is mispelt, and switch your quotes around$result=$db->sql_query("SELECT a.user_id, a.username, a.user_posts, a.user_avatar FROM {$user_prefix}_users a WHERE a.username NOT IN ('Admin', 'helitown') ORDER BY user_posts DESC LIMIT 0,7")

DonationsPro for vBulletin, SMF, MyBB, DragonflyCMS

Oh thanks Phoenix!

Mysql 5.0/php 4.3.1/CPGNuke 9.1.2.1

I forgot to mention it but I don't see why you are prefixing fields with "a".

DonationsPro for vBulletin, SMF, MyBB, DragonflyCMS

All times are Australia/Adelaide

Jump to: