Exclusive eBooks, Software Solutions, Quality Guaranteed

Web NukeBiz
Welcome to NukeBiz · Members
Amazon
show cart or checkout0 items
Cart Value: 0.00

Forums » DragonflyCMS Projects » Treasury and Supporters » Having some preplexing problems!
Having some preplexing problems!
For managing donations, site expenses and supporters - further enhancements only in the Donations Pro version.
Topic initiation via Bugger.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index »  eCommerce » Treasury and Supporters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CodeMyster
Part Time
Part Time

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:56 am
Post subject: Having some preplexing problems!

Hello Phoenix,

I have some major treasury issues I dont understand, I will try to be as descriptive as possible as I know you loath brevity when it comes to diagnosing problems Mr. Green

System: Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

• Module Ported: Ported to CPG Dragonfly CMS by Phoenix
• Ported Name: Treasury
• Ported Version: 9.1.2 - NukeBiz.com ( my problems existed with two versions proper and I just upgraded but still exists).

The problems.

#1 I am not getting updated info back from paypal, its annoying, it sucks but I've been adding in into manually. In the past couple of days I've had a wave of people donating, only 1 of the 5 people that did, have their information updated correctly. This IMO, is not a major problem... those come below.

I hand added the missing information, nows where the bizarre stuff comes in. I tried todays date initally but ran into the below problems, then set it back to yesterday, the day "elothello" donated to see if that would fix it... same problem:

#2) Only 2 of the 7 people that donated within the month are showing up in the block. I had the number of donations to list at the default of 10, I since changed it to 8, no change in display.

#3) one of the guys, AZ Hunter is showing up as a $50 donation. His information shows he donated $10, I used PHPMyAdmin to view the SQL data and it only shows entrys of $10, but 50 is whats showing up in the display.

CRAZY!!!

Screen shots to mull over (so you can see the data appears to be entered correctly):

[EDIT: detailed admin image removed - not needed now]

The block as shown:

Ideas? Did I add something incorrectly? I followed the format of the donations that worked. It doesnt appear to be decimal point related... I'm just plain out of ideas. From a SQL standpoint I dont understand where the "50" is coming from nor why the other users are not showing up. Sad

Its a fine fine module but I dont understand how it got mucked up so badly.

-CodeMyster

CodeMyster please enter your server specs in your user profile! Crying or Very sad
Phoenix
Chairman
Chairman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:55 am
Post subject: Re: Having some preplexing problems!

Each Tax ID must be a unique value - that explains why the latter ones don't show, and that results in Arizona Hunter having $50 credited to "his" Tax ID.

Regarding the info from PayPal, all I can say is that 99.9% of the time it is because of some incorrect or missed setting in PayPal IPN setup.

Yes, detailed info helps greatly - many thanks Very Happy

Phoenix's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)
View user's profile Visit poster's website ICQ Number Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
CodeMyster
Part Time
Part Time

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:37 am

Phoenix wrote:
Each Tax ID must be a unique value - that explains why the latter ones don't show, and that results in Arizona Hunter having $50 credited to "his" Tax ID.

AH HA! Thank you! Dancing

Quote::
Regarding the info from PayPal, all I can say is that 99.9% of the time it is because of some incorrect or missed setting in PayPal IPN setup.

Ok I quadruple check it... I set it up as per the instructions, and the very next donation registered correctly but the next 4 failed. I'll dig into it more.

Thanks again

-CodeMyster

CodeMyster please enter your server specs in your user profile! Crying or Very sad
Phoenix
Chairman
Chairman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:02 am

hmm, were all the transactions made using the same paypal email address?

The system does expect you are using a consistent paypal address.

View user's profile Visit poster's website ICQ Number Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
CodeMyster
Part Time
Part Time

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 am

Phoenix wrote:
hmm, were all the transactions made using the same paypal email address?

The system does expect you are using a consistent paypal address.

Yes, I use the same email address. I IMO, blame it on my ISP, I think it just fails to connect sometimes back to my site. I had another donation and it worked perfectly. I dont get enough donations to worry about having to manually enter a few by hand so its ok... now that I understand the tax code thing.

Thanks again

-CodeMyster

Phoenix
Chairman
Chairman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:40 am

If PayPal cannot reach your site for whatever reason, the transaction won't complete. However, this is why I enhanced the error log and added the ability to view the transaction log, so you should have some evidence that may give you a clue to the issue.

Essentially, if the test link is working, and being logged, your setup should be okay.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index »  eCommerce » Treasury and Supporters
Page 1 of 1